Saturday, January 24, 2009

EX 01

Here's my field created from 400 aggregates. I started with a image of a tessellation that I found online, and used that as inspiration. I liked the way the lines connected in the tessellation, and so that gave rise to the thin rectangular cut outs on the four sides. I left a small square at the center of the shape to hold the piece together. I colored the aggregates red and the background a shade of gray because it gives good contrast. I then removed an angled slice from each of the four sides to add interest to the shape. I read that the aggregate shouldn't extend outside the 2'x2' box, so I made no connections between the pieces. In order to form a connection with another piece, the aggregate would have to cross over this boundary.


No comments:

Post a Comment