Monday, February 2, 2009

EX 03 Paneling

When I panel my surface, I get this strange dividing line along the top of my surface. To one side, the panels are upright, but to the other side, the panels are heavily stretched to one side and pointing away from the upright panels. I'm not sure why it's doing this, but I think it has something to do with how I remade the surface. It also seems that the only shape possible with the Panel 3D from 2 Grids command is a triangular pyramid shape. Since you have to create the shape that will populate the surface in the 3D Patterns Manager, it creates a grid for you, and it won't let you connect lines to anything other than it's preset points, how should we create other surfaces than pyramids? I think this paneling tool is great, but I still feel very fuzzy on using it. I watched the Panel 3D from 2 Grids demo video a few times, but he also just used a pyramid shape. I'm getting frustrated...



No comments:

Post a Comment